By joining OpenML, you join a special worldwide community of data scientists building on each other's results and connecting their minds as efficiently as possible. This community depends on your motivation to share data, tools and ideas, and to do so with honesty. In return, you will gain trust, visibility and reputation, igniting online collaborations and studies that otherwise may not have happened.
By using any part of OpenML, you agree to:
- Give credit where credit is due. Cite the authors whose work you are building on, or build collaborations where appropriate.
- Give back to the community by sharing your own data as openly and as soon as possible, or by helping the community in other ways. In doing so, you gain visibility and impact (citations).
- Share data according to your best efforts. Everybody make mistakes, but we trust you to correct them as soon as possible. Remove or flag data that cannot be trusted.
- Be polite and constructive in all discussions. Criticism of methods is welcomed, but personal criticisms should be avoided.
- Respect circles of trust. OpenML allows you to collaborate in 'circles' of trusted people to share unpublished results. Be considerate in sharing data with people outside this circle.
- Do not steal the work of people who openly share it. OpenML makes it easy to find all shared data (and when it was shared), thus everybody will know if you do this.
You agree that you are responsible for your own use of OpenML.org and all content submitted by you, in accordance with the Honor Code and all applicable local, state, national and international laws.
By submitting or distributing content from OpenML.org, you affirm that you have the necessary rights, licenses, consents and/or permissions to reproduce and publish this content. You cannot upload sensitive or confidential data. You, and not the developers of OpenML.org, are solely responsible for your submissions.
By submitting content to OpenML.org, you grant OpenML.org the right to host, transfer, display and use this content, in accordance with your sharing settings and any licences granted by you. You also grant to each user a non-exclusive license to access and use this content for their own research purposes, in accordance with any licences granted by you.
You may maintain one user account and not let anyone else use your username and/or password. You may not impersonate other persons.
You will not intend to damage, disable, or impair any OpenML server or interfere with any other party's use and enjoyment of the service. You may not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Site, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any OpenML server. You may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information not intentionally made available through OpenML.
Strictly prohibited are content that defames, harasses or threatens others, that infringes another's intellectual property, as well as indecent or unlawful content, advertising, or intentionally inaccurate information posted with the intent of misleading others. It is also prohibited to post code containing viruses, malware, spyware or any other similar software that may damage the operation of another's computer or property.