How to contribute
We want to make machine learning and data analysis simple, accessible, collaborative and open with an optimal division of labour between computers and humans.
Want to get involved?¶
Awesome, we're happy to have you!
OpenML is dependent on the community. If you want to help, please email us (openmlHQ@googlegroups.com). If you feel already comfortable you can help by opening issues or make a pull request on GitHub. We also have regular workshops you can join (they are announced on openml.org).
Who are we?¶
We are a group of friendly people who are excited about open science and machine learning. A list of people currently involved can be found here.
We need help!¶
We are currently looking for help with:
- User feedback (best via GitHub issues, but email is also fine)
- Frontend / UX / Design of the website
- Backend / API
- Outreach / making OpenML better known (especially in non-ML-communities, where people have data but no analysis experise)
- Helping with the interfaces (Python, WEKA, MOA, RapidMiner, Java, R; find the links to GitHub repos here)
- Helping with documenting the interfaces or the API
- What could we do better to get new users started? Help us to figure out what is difficult to understand about OpenML. If you are a new user, you are the perfect person for this!
Change the world¶
If you have your own ideas on how you want to contribute, please get in touch! We are very friendly and open to new ideas